Friday, March 21, 2008

bad news

The Oblivion Mods site is no more ... it's a very sad story which I will explain briefly here.

The site was hosted in sweden with friends of mine, and the server got hacked after I neglected to update the Joomla CMS installation. Then the server was taken down and I lost everything. I have some very old backups, but even if i restore those all I have is a vulnerable site that will be hacked soon again. Updating from such an old version to a newer one is a pain in the ass as well. I think I will have to setup a local server and restore everything on there, and then build a new site. That's going to be a ton of work I can tell you.

hundreds of downloads with nice desriptions and screenshots .. modder interviews ... other unique stuff .. hundreds of forum posts ... all gone ...

I'll let you guys know when I've got something back up there. Stay tuned for updates.

No comments: